Sri Pasumarthi Vithal belongs to a traditional Kuchipudi dance hailing from Kuchipudi village in Andhra Pradesh. Son and disciple of Guru Sri Pasumarthy Venu Gopala Krishna Sarma, a Sangeetha Nataka Academy awardee.
He started his dance training at the tender age of four. He is married to Bharati, a disciple of Sri Vedantam Prahlada Sarma and is performing together as a leading dance duo in Kuchipudi dance.
Vithal and Bharathi have performed in numerous countries all over the world including France, Germany, Nepal, Russia and U S A. They conduct workshops / programmes to impart training in Kuchipudi apart from their dance recitals in USA.
They form a wonderful team of composer, singer, teacher, choreographer and performers. They have been imparting training in Kuchipudi in the institution set up in New Delhi.
Sri Pasumarthi Vithal has received many an awards. He has been honoured with the titles Natya Bhushana, Natya Visarada, Sangeta Bhushana and as Natya Kala Kovida.
They both are selected in the I C C R Panel lists as a leading Dance Duo.
Some of their notable performances are at:
- Sangeet Natak Academy, Kerala
- Central Sangeet Natak Academy, New Delhi.
- Sahitya Kala Parishat, New Delhi
- Revinia Festival, Chicago
- Purush Festival, USA
- Music Academy Festival, Chennai
- Kuchipudi Vatyotsavam, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai.
- Lincoln Centre out of Doors Festival, New York
- American Telugu Association Festival.
- World Dance Festival
- Kuchipudi Festival, New Delhi
- Andhra Pradesh Formation Day Celebrations, New Delhi.
- Unisons World Arts Festival, Brazil.
- Festival of India â€“ France.
- Kuchipudi Mahotsav, Mumbai
- International Conference, I.I.T. New Delhi
- Holi Milan in Prime Ministerâ€™s Residence
- World Arts Festival
- Kala Mantapam Festival in Washington
- Washington Festival
- Kennedy Centre, USA.
M â€“ 171, Guru Harkishan nagar
New Delhi 110 087
Mobile: +91 99113 44412.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.