Nagalakshmi Bhagavatula is a native of the Kuchipudi Village, Krishna District Andhra Pradesh born to Bhagavatula Haranath and Yarasi Sukanya.
Nagalakshmi, is a law graduate from Indian Law Society, Pune and is currently working in the Legal Department of a leading software firm. She will be pursuing Masters in Law from the University of Pennsylvania, USA starting July 2014.
A rare blend of both an accomplished versatile dancer and a successful professional career. She is very dedicated and has a purposeful approach when it comes to performing and propagating Kuchipudi art form a quality imbibed from the Kuchipudi traditional family who have been the torch bearers of the art form for centuries.
She started learning dance at the tender age of 4 under her Guru Patnam Siva Prasad and performed her â€˜Arangetramâ€™ at Kuchipudi in the temple of Balatripurasundari as early as March 1995. She has given more than 600 performances since then.
Nagalakshimi, is a law graduate from Indian Law Society, Pune and is currently working in the Legal Department of a leading software firm apart from pursuing Masters in Law.
Apart from being a performer par excellence she has also started Purna Mudra Class of Kuchipudi Dance in Hyderabad in July 2013 with a view to propagate the art form.
Some of her Performances
– International Kuchipudi Dance Convention held at Cupertino, California, June2008.
– Part of the team of 318 dancers who a created a world record for the Worldâ€™s largest Kuchipudi dance event recorded in the GUINNESS Book of World Record.
– TANA conference at Chicago in July 1995.
– Event at Greater Indianapolis Telugu Association, Indiana, USA.
– Tiroochanoor and Tirumala Bramhotsavas, October 2008.
– Lord Venkateshwara Temple, Pittsburg, USA.
– Birthday celebrations of Sri Satya Sai Baba, Puttaparthy organsied by AP cultural committee.
– Dance and Music Festival organized by Andhra Music Academy.
– German Delegates Conference, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad.
– Raghavendra Swamy Aradhanotsavam, Mantralayam.
– Vedadhyana Kendram Vedic Festival, Bangalore.
– Andhra Association Ugadi Celebrations, Pune.
– â€œChittor Nagayya Puraskaram Celebrationsâ€, Chennai.
– World Dance Day Celebrations, May 2013 Bangalore.
– 199th Monthly programme organized by Radha Madhava Rasaranjani, Guntur in March 2013.
– Brahmotsavam Celebrations October 2012 organized by Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam, Tirupathi.
– International Kuchipudi Dance Festival â€“ May 2012, Hyderabad.
– Internation Dance Day Celebrations, Bangalore 2013.
– Inaugural Kalakar Utsav at Bangalore, April 2014.
– National Symposium, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad – 2014
– Naatya Kousthubh Nrithyotsav. Cochin – 2014
Places of performances
– Chicago, Indianapolis, Pittsburg, Ohio, California in US.
– Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Tirupathi, Mantralayam, Kuchipudi, Vishakapatnam, Guntur, Guntakal, Kadiri, Guntur, Puttaparthy, Anantapur & Cochin.
– Won 9 national prizes in All India Competitions organized by Navya Nataka Samithi, Hyderabad from 1995 to 2005.
– Won 2 national prizes along with Natya Mayuri award in All India Competitions organized by Kalanilayam,Chilkaluripeta.
– Won 2 first prizes and Nrutya Kala Mani title in All India Competitions organized by Samskara Bharathi on the occasion of 50 years of Indian Independence.
– Won around 25 prizes in various state level competitions.
- Natya Mayuri (Kalanikethan, Chilakaluripeta, AP),
- Nrutya Kala Mani (Samskara Bharathi, Hyderabad),
- Natya Lakshmi (Greater Indianapolis Telugu Association, USA),
- Nrutya Manjari (Telugu Association of Central Ohio, USA),
- Ananta Aanimutyam (Sahithi Gagan Mahal Trust, Penukonda, AP),
- Nrutya Kowmudhi (Abhinaya Nrutya Bharathi, Eluru, AP)
- Naatya Druma (Naatya Kousthubh Dance Festival, Cochin
Appreciation and Honors:
Received appreciation letters from Padmabhushan Dr.Vempati Chinna Satyam,
Mr & Mrs.Dhanunjayan (Bharatanatyam dancers), Vedhadyana Kedram,Bangalore and Vedantam Radheshyam, Kuchipudi
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.